RE: [amibroker] Re: Real World Systems

In a reply to my own message to all----regarding optimized systems that
"blow up" in OOS testing (see original message below for details)  ---

...what are the characteristics of an "optimized" system that DO NOT
blow up in OOS testing????   I think this is the question of the day if
not the week.

Except for systems that have some structural oddity, it seems that any
optimization will "blow up".

The term "overoptimization" is often used, implying that
underoptimization and even "perfect" optimization exists.

What makes an optimization a "good one" or a "bad one"??

A "bad one has....
....too many variables
....too short a time period
....to small an increment in the optimizing variable
....too few issues/too many issues
....each stock/or future has its own optimized parameters

Who has the experience to comment on this??

Ken