Re: [amibroker] Coloured Bars

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Coloured Bars
  • From: "George Loyd" <grloyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 05:21:57 -0700

Salil,

I have spent a couple of hours trying to make your 30/70 "colored bar" code
RSI+Stoch indicator work for the DeMark Range Expansion Indicator Tomasz
presented in Newsletter Issue 2/2000. I can't make it work. I have
successfully made it work for a couple other indicators. Could you help?

Here is Tomasz' code:

/*

** Tom DeMark's Range Expansion Index

** AFL Implementation by Tomasz Janeczko

*/

HighMom = H - Ref( H, -2 );

LowMom = L - Ref( L, -2 );

Cond1 = ( H >= Ref( L,-5) OR H >= Ref( L, -6 ) );

Cond2 = ( Ref( H, -2 ) >= Ref( C, -7 ) OR Ref( H, -2 ) >= Ref( C, -8 ) );

Cond3 = ( L <= Ref( H, -5 ) OR L <= Ref( H, -6) );

Cond4 = ( Ref( L, -2 ) <= Ref( C, -7 ) OR Ref( L, -2 ) <= Ref( C, -8 ) );

Cond = ( Cond1 OR Cond2 ) AND ( Cond3 OR Cond4 );

Num = IIf( Cond, HighMom + LowMom, 0 );

Den = abs( HighMom ) + abs( LowMom );

TDREI = 100 * Sum( Num, 5 )/Sum( Den, 5 ) ;

Graph0 = TDREI;

Here is what I did. It charts "blue" bars above +45 but NOT "red" bars below

-45 ???

[I used the code above except commented out the the "Graph0 = TDREI" line]

//Graph0 = TDREI;

Plot(TDREI,"",1,8);

ColorArray=IIf(TDREI>-45,-45,TDREI);

Plot(ColorArray,"",0,3);

Plot(-45,"",4,2);

Plot(45,"",0,2);

Plot(TDREI,"TDREI",6,2);

Plot(45,"",1,1);

Plot(-45,"",1,1);

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me,
George Loyd