RE: [amibroker] Re: System Testing & Evaluation Portfolios was Trailing Stops ?

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Cool!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Why
don't I just stop what I'm doing and you send me yours when you're
finished?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: phsst
  [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 11:45
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  System Testing & Evaluation Portfolios was Trailing Stops
  ?d.I'm working on the same approach, using
  the .csv file as the inputfile to determine several things... including
  chronological mkt risk,drawdowns, possible positionsize
  alternatives.Regards,P--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> You are correct and this is an
  acknowledged problem (at least I think> its been
  ack&#65533;&#65533;d).  Tomasz has mentioned that he will be
  introducing> portfolio testing in the not too distant future.  To
  do this correctly> now you have to have some other method of handling
  the portfolio.  I&#65533;&#65533;m> currently working on
  such and will be using Amibroker to generate the> position entry and
  exit signals via the exportation of an Exploration(s)> via automation.
  The program will then read the CSV&#65533;&#65533;s and make
  the> decisions on what to trade and how much to allocate to
  each.> > > > Portfolio management can be a large
  and complicated project unto itself> as witnessed by some of the
  extensive threads that have occurred here in> the past and it is the
  next logical and equally important step in> formula evaluation.>
  > > > d> > > > -----Original
  Message-----> From: Fred Tonetti [mailto:ftonetti@xxxx]> Sent:
  Saturday, April 12, 2003 12:51 PM> To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] System Testing &
  Evaluation Portfolios was Trailing> Stops ?> > >
  > Steve,> > None of my arguments/discussion points were
  meant to be an attack so> PLEASE don't take them that way ...
  Regardless of what any particular> system returns or doesn't I would
  want to see results in the way I have> stated that I prefer for exactly
  the reasons I have stated.> > All / Any,> > On
  another front in response to and a question for those who do baskets>
  of stocks/portfolio trading the attached picture represents the issue>
  that I noticed the other day which is that it appears that AB does NOT>
  limit the total percentage of capital invested to 100% when the>
  possibility of simultaneous trades is in play.> > Notice in the
  attached picture that InitialEquity is set to 10000 and> that
  PositionSize is set to 2500 but that in the first trades that AB> opens
  up it allows 10 positions to be opened at 2500 each for a total of>
  25000 even with AllowPositionSizeShrinking checked !!!  Did I
  miss> something here ?  If not I would think this issue would be
  of paramount> importance to those testing/trading baskets/portfolios of
  stocks.> > <<...>>> > >
  > > > <<A
  href="">http://us.ard.yahoo.com/M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=>
  1705632198:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?cam>
  p=556&lineid=3083889&#65533;&#65533;=egroupweb&pos=HM>>
  > > > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egrou>
  pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=781544755>> > > Send BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  Terms of Service.Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.