Re: [amibroker] Yaho EOD not working for mee - help

Hello,

Did you follow troubleshooting procedure described
in FAQ?
http://www.amibroker.com/faq.html

Auto-update quotes" does not work. What can I do ?

Follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem
  1.. Go to C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AmiQuote\Download and check if .AQH files are there.
  2.. Open them with Notepad and see if data are there
  3.. Check if you have aqh.format file in the Formats subdirectory of AMiBroker
  4.. Check its contents and eventually send me for checking
  5.. Try to import manually as per instructions given in the user's guide
  6.. If you ever restored data directory from CD ROM check the "read-only" flag of data files in AmiBroker database. They must not
be read-only. If they are you have to mark all files in the data directory and all subfolders and UNMARK read only flag.
  Next time if you make a copy on CD better ZIP the files before copying and you won't get this problem

I have a DSL line and "Auto-update quotes" started fine for first 500 symbols but I now get time-outs. What can I do?

Yahoo is blocking you. After infamous Internet worm attack, Yahoo considers repeating multiple downloads as a "denial of service"
attack.
To resolve this:

  1.. if possible reconnect with diffferent IP (otherwise you would need to wait half an hour or more until Yahoo unblocks you)
  2.. Get AmiQuote 1.52 (http://www.amibroker.com/download.html)
  3.. go to the "Settings" and set "Initial delay between requests" to 1000 and "max number of simultaneous downloads" to 1.
BTW: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is correct place to discuss amiquote stuff.
Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com