  >From:
  Fred
  Tonetti
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 4:07
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Trailing
  Stops

  Steve,
  Do they mean a lot ?
  I guess the simple answer is ... yes to me they
  do.
  With regards to having single large gains in
  systems skewing the results, in the fully compounding model this is easily
  seen in the graph and statistics if it occurs.  Likewise large DD's are
  also seen visually and statistically, where as in the other fixed dollar
  position size models both are well hidden and the farther to the right they
  occur the more hidden they are visually and statistically.
  I guess the part I really don't understand
  about designing systems to use fixed dollar position sizes and how they relate
  to real trading is that as time goes along and equity hopefully increases by
  their nature one is by definition on a percentage basis less and less invested
  when one does invest/trade.  This raises the question of what does one do
  with the rest of the capital ?  Leave it in money market ?  My own
  personal perspective on investing/trading is that when I want to be invested,
  I want to be invested.  This however doesn't preclude one from limiting
  the overall percentage invested on some trade or set of trades to more or less
  then 100% should the circumstances  warrant that action nor does it
  preclude one from having several systems that one uses to trade different
  vehicles each with some PERCENTAGE of overall dollars.
  FredSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.