[amibroker] Re: Trade Analysis

Chuck,

After playing with this a little I've modified the MaxDD to the
below ... This appears to produce the correct results.

This assumes that you've stored the results as you calculated them in
~CompEquity i.e. Equity() - 500000;

CmpEq = Foreign("~CompEquity", "X") + 500000;

MaxEq = Highest(CmpEq);
CurDD = 100 * (MaxEq - CmpEq) / MaxEq;
MaxDD = Highest(CurDD);

Plot(MaxDD, "MaxDD", colorWhite, styleThick | styleLine);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> Does the attached document reflect what you are trying to do?   It
shows the
> actual equity curve for a large basket (13,500) of stocks, $10,000
per
> trade.  There are about 12,000 trades, each being charged 1%
> commission/slippage.  The chart is monthly, but one click makes it
weekly or
> daily.   It made with the AddToComposite function.   I haven't
worked out an
> automatic way of calculating "proper" drawdown, but I can get what
I want by
> simply looking at the graph.  I'm interested in peak-to-trough
drawdown and
> how long it takes to reach a "new high" in the portfolio again.
>
> Before someone tells me that there aren't 13,500 stocks currently
being
> traded, let me say that I include extinct stocks that are no longer
trading.

> The total net profit is a bit hard to read, but it's something like
$98
> million.
>
> The actual syntax I use is AddToComposite(Equity()-500000,
> "~Composite","X",7);
>
> I have initial capital set to 500,000 so that it will always trade
$10,000
> even after taking small losses.   My AFL code sets the PositionSize
= 10000.

> Cheers

Exit

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupweb/
>   S=
>   > 1705632198:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-
>   bin/autoredir?cam
>   > p=556&lineid=3083889¢ç=egroupweb&pos=HM>
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
>   M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egrou
>   > pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=580298948>
>   >
>   >
>   > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   > -----------------------------------------
>   > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   > --------------------------------------------
>   > Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
>   > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM