RE: [amibroker] Re: Trade Analysis

Does
the attached document reflect what you are trying to do?   It shows
the actual equity curve for a large basket (13,500) of stocks, $10,000 per
trade.  There are about 12,000 trades, each being charged 1%
commission/slippage.  The chart is monthly, but one click makes it weekly
or daily.   It made with the AddToComposite function.   I
haven't worked out an automatic way of calculating "proper" drawdown, but I can
get what I want by simply looking at the graph.  I'm interested in
peak-to-trough drawdown and how long it takes to reach a "new high" in the
portfolio again.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Before
someone tells me that there aren't 13,500 stocks currently being traded, let me
say that I include extinct stocks that are no longer
trading.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
total net profit is a bit hard to read, but it's something like $98
million.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
actual syntax I use is AddToComposite(Equity()-500000,
"~Composite","X",7);
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
initial capital set to 500,000 so that it will always trade $10,000 even after
taking small losses.   My AFL code sets the PositionSize =
10000.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Cheers
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Fred
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 12:01
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Trade AnalysisDingo,Right.  This is one
  of those things I just haven't gotten around to doing with the Equity Line
  indicator I wrote as I don't typically trade this way but I would think
  someone out there would have done something like this so that they could
  get a good picture of the Equity Curve and the associated DD's with the
  systems they are using to trade multiple stocks or portfolios.  Yuki
  ?Fred--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo"
  <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> Fred I believe that you¡Çre correct in
  thinking that the exploration is> the way to see what is happening.
  You can get a line for every day and> by adding some columns you
  can get the high and low for each day and> then do your own
  computations on max dd.> > > > > >
  d> > -----Original Message-----> From: Fred Tonetti
  [mailto:ftonetti@xxxx]> Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 11:41 PM>
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Trade
  this subject,> > One of the problems with taking information
  from even a detailed report> in AB and exporting it to a CSV and
  then in turn importing into Excel is> that although it will
  properly show the Entry Date & Price and Exit Date> &
  Price, it does not show prices of whatever it is that¡Çs being
  traded> during the bars in between the entry and exit, therefore
  there is no way> using a methodology like that to come up with
  semi-accurate numbers for> drawdowns ¡Ä> > Example
  ¡Ä> > For simplicity I used Pring¡Çs KST system trading AA i.e.
  only one stock> ...> > As one can see from the report
  below there was a 7.1% CAR and 36.71%> drawdown on a close to close
  basis.> > In looking at the Equity Line in the graph
  (attached)  one can see here> too that there were the same
  results.> > > > But if one does a copy of the
  actual detail trade information and paste> into Excel (See
  Attached) and adds columns for max equity and drawdown%> and then
  at the bottom of the column takes the maximum of drawdown%, the>
  result shows an incorrectly low 27.67%.  The reason of course is
  that> the detailed report from AB and thus Excel does not show what
  happened> during the course of time that individual trades were
  being held.> > In looking at what is in the AB reports when
  multiple stocks are traded> some of which could be simultaneously
  or overlapping investments there> are several problems.>
  > 1.      AB apparently assumes that one must
  have enough capital to buy> say $10k of every stock in the run and
  so it forces initial equity to be> higher then it needs to
  be.> > 2.      AB reports as MaxDD what
  is the MaxDD for one stock trade and> although in some way this may
  be useful information it overstates what> MaxDD is for the
  account.  Beyond this though and given what information> is
  available in the detailed report trading only one stock, it would
  not> be possible to export all the trades for multiple stocks and get a
  semi> clear picture of what Returns or MaxDD for the system
  is.  This would> have to be done using a different
  methodology, probably utilizing an> exploration.> >
  <<...>> <<...>> <<...>>> >
  href="">http://us.ard.yahoo.com/M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=>
  1705632198:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?cam>
  p=556&lineid=3083889¢ç=egroupweb&pos=HM>> > >
  > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egrou>
  pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=580298948>> > > Send BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  Terms of Service.Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.