[amibroker] non symmetrical long/short rules

Until recently, all
of my systems have been always-in-the market type systems where
closing a position coincides with entering a position in the opposite
direction.
<SPAN
class=507464421-10042003>
Now I am exploring
non-symetrical systems that could be both long and short at the same time or
just plain neutral.
<SPAN
class=507464421-10042003>
This is not quite as
simple as I expected. I assume an open position should be exited upon an entry
signal in the opposite direction. But when should the system re-enter the
market? Should the system wait for a fresh entry signal or should it re-enter a
position immediately upon the conclusion of the conflicting
signals?
<SPAN
class=507464421-10042003>

Any thoughts on
this?
<SPAN
class=507464421-10042003>
Here is the AFL for
the two approaches.
<FONT
face=Arial size=2><FONT face=Arial
size=2><FONT face=Arial
size=2><FONT face=Arial
size=2>
Version
1:
sell = sell or short;<SPAN
class=507464421-10042003> // exit long position upon short entrycover
= cover or buy; // exit short
position upon long entrylong = flip(buy, sell);shrt = flip(short,
cover);buy = buy and long;<SPAN
class=507464421-10042003>     // wait for fresh buy
signalshort = short and shrt; //
wait for fresh short signal

V<SPAN
class=507464421-10042003>ersion 2: long =
flip(buy, sell);shrt = flip(short, cover);sell = sell or short; //
exit long position upon short entrycover = cover or buy; // exit short
position upon long entrybuy = long;  // re-enter long position if
still activeshort = shrt; // re-enter short position if still
active

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Cheers,
<FONT face=Arial