Re: [amibroker] Video resolution of posted messages

Hello,

> To get around the TINY fonts (and icons) displayed with 1600x1200, I
> used the WinXP DPI setting feature that increased the displayed fonts
> (images) by 150%.

This is correct way of adjusting this but you can
also selectively adjust the apperance of individual items:
right click the destkop, choose "properties"
this will display Screen properties box, switch to
"Appearance" - there is "Font size setting" for overall control
but I suggest to click on "ADVANCED"
to get control of every element. (This description is valid for Win XP )

> Now, 95% of the time, my selected settings result in a display that is
> 'normal'.
>
> But the problem is that 5% of the time, posts on this board come in so
> small that they are hardly readable.
Some posts are sent in HTML with hard-coded font size in points or even pixels.
<FONT Face='face name' Size='9pt' >

In that case they could be too small/too big than your settings

This is one of the reasons why it is good to send plain ASCII e-mails
(the fonts are choosen by the recipient, not by the sender).

> I use Mozilla browser, so fortunately, I can press Ctl/+ or Ctl/- to
> increase or decrease the size of the fonts within the browser (this is
> not a feature available in IE).

The same feature is available in IE View->Text size,
or CTRL+ Mouse Wheel

> Does anyone out there have a 100% workaround for handling a super high
> resolution situation? Or any idea why 5% of message board messages
> come in so tiny that action is needed to enlarge them?
>
> The only clue I have is that in my networked home, when I send a
> 'Post-it' note from my system to a lower Res system, the resulting
> font on the receiving is HUGE. And when the other system sends me a
> Post-It not, it shows up as TINY on my system (like some of the
> message board posts).
>
> And for those of you that might be considering the purchase of a PC
> system with a 'Super Hi-Res' video board... think twice about it
> before buying, ie. do you really need Super Hi-Res, or not?

Super-hi res is OK, if you are running Windows XP I suggest
to check new "ClearType" font smoothing technology designed
specifically for LCD screens that tremendously improves display
of texts.
To turn it on/off
Right click the destkop, choose "properties"
this will display Screen properties box, switch to
"Appearance" - click on 'EFFECTS" button and
click "Use font smoothing" and change the combo
to "ClearType".

If you will not like it you can always turn it off.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM