[amibroker] Re: Phsst and the holy grail

Graham,

You are getting too sensitive to individual 'retorts' on this board
(including mine).

For goodness sakes, I've read dozens of your posts on this board and I
know (without doubt) that your only intention is to share knowledge
about AB with everyone here, and that you are a wealthy source of
knowledge about the product.

Just because I might challange the purpose of this board,(regarding
technical product aspects versus trading system idealogy) does not
mean that I don't have an appreciation for what you (not to mention
Jayson, Dingo, TJ, Fred, Yuki and others) have to say about the AB
product.

Gosh... don't ever doubt how valuable your contributions are (whether
you agree or disagree with any particular post).

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> Phsst
> Don't get me wrong, it seems whenever I mention something on forums and
> groups these days I seem to put my foot in my mouth. My comment was not
> intended to be one of universal note, just my own personal opinion.
I am not
> a moderator or controller in any way so my comments should only be
construed
> as my comments and not some word of law as seems to be the case lately.
> Maybe I am writing things wrongly leaving them open to confusion or
> interpretation different from my intent. This is a common problem
with any
> written medium.
>
> I do read most emails just to try to glean some new information from
them. I
> am not averse to seeing trading systems, as occasionally one has some
> components that could fit my style. But there are so many forum
sites for
> this, and only this one for Amibroker, I joined here for using AB
better.

> It is obvious to me that the majority of people who do contribute to
this
> group are happy to view and discuss completed trading systems. No
matter to
> me as per above.
>
> Development of a trading system (not just posting a completed
system) I do
> follow closely as this is at the heart of any trader, and getting the
> development correct can mean the difference between a good resulting
system
> and a bad one. Getting the development wrong could mean a poor
system shows
> good backtest results, good one poor backtest results and shades in
between.

> In view of my comments above I will probably be hanging myself by my
shoe
> laces again as my foot gets stuck back in my mouth again. But I do
note I
> must cut my toe nails soon, something of benefit has come from my
useless
> diatribe :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM