[amibroker] Re: Phsst and the holy grail

Graham,

Utilizing Amibroker's capabilities to improve trading results is why I
challanged others to give some idea of how well Amibroker can be
utilized to that purpose.

While it is important to share technical knowledge about Amibroker on
this board, does that mean that we are limited to that scope? Are we
not allowed to share knowledge of trading system development and
results? Is it not important to discuss confusion over AB's Reporting
capabilities as it pertains to trading system results?

Regards,

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "kaveman" <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> Another reason for limited response to posts regarding peoples trading
> systems is that some, like myself are on this list to improve
knowledge on
> how to utilise Amibroker's capabilities.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

Rashke's
> "Holly Grail" system but you did not detail what you were doing and
> supplied no AB code.  The system results presented were for a basket of
> stocks which does not lend itself to easy interpretation of the system
> capabilities.  Results for one stock or index would be more clear.
Also
> many people would want to try the system themselves to see results that
> relate to the issues they might trade.
>
> For myself, I have Linda's book and the Tradestation code that goes
with
> it.  I have looked at the holy grail system a couple of times but
with the
> stocks/indexes I use, the results were poor and I did not pursue any
> modifications to the code.  Perhaps that was a mistake.  I would be
> interested is seeing what sort of modifications you made, what
securities
> your trade with it and what period of time you used to evaluate it.
 The
> devil, as they say, is in the details.....
> Cheers
> Sid
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM