From: Sidney Kaiser [mailto:s9kaiser@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 10 April 2003 12:21 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Phsst and the holy grail

>I thought I had developed a few good trading systems before getting
>involved in this AmiBroker board. And when I recently posted my best
>trading system results, there wasn't much feedback from others
>regarding comparable results.
>
>Phsst

I think perhaps you did not include enough information to allow any kind of
meaningful commentary on your trading system.

As I recall you said you were using a modified version of Linda Rashke's
"Holly Grail" system but you did not detail what you were doing and
supplied no AB code.  The system results presented were for a basket of
stocks which does not lend itself to easy interpretation of the system
capabilities.  Results for one stock or index would be more clear.  Also
many people would want to try the system themselves to see results that
relate to the issues they might trade.

For myself, I have Linda's book and the Tradestation code that goes with
it.  I have looked at the holy grail system a couple of times but with the
stocks/indexes I use, the results were poor and I did not pursue any
modifications to the code.  Perhaps that was a mistake.  I would be
interested is seeing what sort of modifications you made, what securities
your trade with it and what period of time you used to evaluate it.  The
devil, as they say, is in the details.....
Cheers
Sid

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM