RE: [amibroker] Re: Efficiency & ATR (Al V. & Jayson)

Ok Al
Just thought to add this, I have also been looking at using dollars traded
as alternative to straight price. I feel this a better measure of what is
truly happening as sometimes the price can move with very little volume, or
an unusual large amount. By using the traded dollars it provides a measure
of the relative interest. There was a good thread centred around this not so
long ago, just cannot remember details of it.
So I am looking at the normal indicators of volatility and replacing price
with traded dollars. Unfortunately cannot get exact quantities of this, so I
use the average price against volume. This should be close enough for my
purposes.
One thing I have been viewing is the OBV, but have modified to be the MACD
of the OBV which is giving, to me at least, a measurable plot and signals.

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia