Re: [amibroker] Sell == 4

1. yes

2. yes, but a sell could be triggered because of the trailing
stop OR because of some other SELL rule. How do you know which?

3. no. SELL==4 is a Boolean statement. The double
=  means if SELL is equal to 4
on that day, the statement (Boolean) is true, and true Boolean statements show
as a 1 when plotted. SELL is equal to 4 on that day because when ApplyStop
is triggered, it loads a 4 into SELL. I believe (not sure) that ApplyStop will
load different numbers into SELL when different types of stops are triggered.
Some experimentation would show what numbers are used. Remember that ApplyStop
triggers SELL to end a BUY trade and triggers a COVER to end a SHORT trade, so
to see ApplyStop trigger the end of a SHORT trade, look for COVER==some number.
(If using a trailing type stop)

type =stopTypeLoss - maximum loss
stop,stopTypeProfit - profit target stop,stopTypeTrailing - trailing
stop,stopTypeNBar - N-bar stop

4 & 5. It would make life easier if TJ would directly
allow the signals from ApplyStop to be plotted without checking for changes to
SELL or COVER. (Plot(ApplyStop.....))

6. Equity(1) removes excess BUY and SELL signals and figures
out the stops. All that it does is too extensive to relate here. I suggest that
you load some simple hyperactive buy and sell formula and see what the
differences are between using Equity(1) and not using it.

Something that I haven't seen to much discussion of is the
ORDER of the various statements in a formula. Get the order wrong and some
statements won't work.
I use the order of:

1. BUY, SELL, SHORT, COVER statements
2. Equity(1) statement
3. Position size statements
4. Profit/Loss calculations

You would think that position size should be decided before
buys and sells but for some reason, for what I do, AB needs it to be this
way.

-CS