RE: [amibroker] Re: TESTING THE UNIVERSE ?

Yes, we are all different, which is why there is someone buying another
selling. Without that the market would not be much fun :)
Regards knowing when your system was working or not, I did say that you have
a measure of performance of your system. This would tell you when not to
trade that system.
In a lot of regards to history being easy to see the trends etc, have to
totally agree. Then following that thought one step further, just to throw
this thought out, what purpose is backtesting. Does history repeat? Can you
rely on past charts to help with future price movements? Unless you go
further into the reason behind the moves what purpose does the historical
performance mean. Why did the price move in that direction at that
particular time, will that occurrence happen again. Then you have to ask the
next question, if it did happen, would it have the same effect on the price
performance as it did in the past.
My previous post, and this, are putting thoughts out. I have my methods of
trading, and so far have survived 3+ years. Some times up some down, but
surviving. I continually have ideas and delve into them, most of the time
they are left behind as they do not stand the process of testing.

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia