RE: [amibroker] New user- some basic questions

<SPAN
class=562490105-29032003>Rakesh,
<SPAN
class=562490105-29032003>
1) If
you are using the demo I do not believe you can save data. In the paid version
of course you may.
<SPAN
class=562490105-29032003>
2) In
AA press settings and select 60 min for periodicity,
<SPAN
class=562490105-29032003>
3) You
may string your conditions together using the AND function
<SPAN
class=562490105-29032003>
<SPAN
class=562490105-29032003>example: c>ma(c,20) AND
v>100000
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Rakesh Sahgal
[mailto:rakeshsahgal@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 11:36
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] New
user- some basic questionsHi group,Am a new
user( one day old) moving over from MetaStockto AmiBroker. I have a few
questions and shallappreciate guidance from the experienced users to
helpme get started while I try to comprehend the productfrom the
manual:1. Am basically using 60 minute bar data in asciiformat. Hvae
imported the data into Amibroker andsaved it. However when I load the data
after new barshave been added to the database  I have to
manuallyimport the ascii data once over again as the softwaredoes not
load the new data in the data files. Is thisproblem resolvable and if so
how?2. When I use the scan button to scan the data set theresultant
output is in a daily bar basis. How do Iscan and obtain output on an hourly
bar basis?3. Is it possible to combine several conditions andthen
scan the data set? My objective is to run a scanfor instance where the
results would show stockswheree (a)%k line of the stochastic moves out of
buyzone i.e. goes above 20 from below 20 or crosses abovethe %d line
,(b) close is above the 64 bar MA and (c)64 bar MA is above the 200 bar
MA.Any help that is forthcoming will be
greatlyappreciated.Thanks in
you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your
desktop!<A
href="">http://platinum.yahoo.comSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.