[amibroker] New user- some basic questions

Hi group,

Am a new user( one day old) moving over from MetaStock
to AmiBroker. I have a few questions and shall
appreciate guidance from the experienced users to help
me get started while I try to comprehend the product
from the manual:

1. Am basically using 60 minute bar data in ascii
format. Hvae imported the data into Amibroker and
saved it. However when I load the data after new bars
have been added to the database  I have to manually
import the ascii data once over again as the software
does not load the new data in the data files. Is this
problem resolvable and if so how?

2. When I use the scan button to scan the data set the
resultant output is in a daily bar basis. How do I
scan and obtain output on an hourly bar basis?

3. Is it possible to combine several conditions and
then scan the data set? My objective is to run a scan
for instance where the results would show stocks
wheree (a)%k line of the stochastic moves out of buy
zone i.e. goes above 20 from below 20 or crosses above
the %d line ,(b) close is above the 64 bar MA and (c)
64 bar MA is above the 200 bar MA.

Any help that is forthcoming will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rakesh

http://platinum.yahoo.com