[amibroker] Re: TRENDING vs. RANGING markets (for phsst)

<I'd settle for hearing what the Max DD's are that go with that 100+%
return ?  It's not that difficult to build systems with superior
returns, but usually not without high DD's, UI's and/or low MAR's,
UPI's etc.>

Fred,

I wish I had an answer to your concern. But my problem is that I don't
understand AmiBroker's report system enough to trust the reported
drawdowns and other metrics. The very first number reported on the
Report screen is "Net Profit"... and I swear that after months of
playing with Amibroker, I still don't understand what the heck that
number represents. (It certaintly does not represent anything that is
meaningful to me. I have added and subtracted profits and losses and %
profitable versus % losses, etc... and it simply eludes me.)

What I can tell you is that with my own backtest system, I could load
the backtested results into Excel and 'slice and dice' the trades in
chronological order so that I could determine 'maximum exposure' to
the market, along with actual chronological 'drawdowns' that would
affect my account. And this particular system had no 'significant'
drawdowns. But since I am not divulging the actual trading system, it
should not be of concern to you anyway.

Since I don't understand everything I need to about AmiBroker's
reporting system, I am planning to develop my own reporting system
which will take the 'exported' trade data from an AmIbroker backtest
and 'slice and dice' that trade data so that I can calculate my own
trade result metrics so that that 'I understand'. Sorry if I offend
Tomasz, but I just don't understand the majority of the Report screen.

Regards,

Phsst

Sorry, but I am not sharp enough to

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM