RE: [amibroker] Re: Divergence

<SPAN
class=013252414-25032003>Dimitris asks....
<SPAN
class=013252414-25032003>
"Would
you invest a single $ on a signal from an unknown function ? I suppose
no."
<SPAN
class=013252414-25032003>
Would
I risk a dime on an unknown indicator, function,system ?? No, certainly not, but
that does not even slightly diminish my curiosity over a new function being
introduced. To date I have seldom been disappointed with new additions. That it
exists in undocumented form suggests that Tomasz is 1) working to develop this
new function or 2) has tried and abandoned it.  In either case I am
curious......but we all know what curiosity did to the cat so perhaps your
approach is superior....
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
[mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 4:53
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Divergence--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> > Dimitris writes> >
" Jayson,> I do not use unknown functions. I just experimented, saw some
+1,-1> bars in some unknown points and that´s all.> I am not
curious and I will wait........"> > Oh come on... tell me your not
even a little bit curious??  :))Jayson,the subject is quite
serious for me. Curiosity can not replace what is going on there.BTW,
the StochD divergence was the very first formula I wrote when I began AFL
learning. The bad news are coming first : the formula was not working, it
was a bug with LLV() function !!!!!The good news follow [for amibroker
support]. I forwarded my first mail to Tomasz [it was a hopeless Saturday
afternoon], but, to my surprise, Tomasz was there, he said it was a bug,
then that he will repair the bug and then, the most unexpected, he did what
he said right in the next beta !!!!!We are very lucky to enjoy the same
support every day, even if the day still has 24 miserable hours.Back to
the subject, I do believe in divergences, I do trade divergences, I do risk
a lot of money sometimes on divergences, in some cases [like the Light Crude
Oil or the 12:00 positive StochD div] is almost the unique criterion, so, I
do not want to be confused from some unknown plot of an unknown function
simply because it is named "divergence".And, in general, I like research
but I am not curious at all.Let me ask a question now : Would you invest a
single $ on a signal from an unknown function ? I suppose
no.DT> >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.