RE: [amibroker] Re: Help with McClellan and TRIN

<SPAN
class=837035722-23032003>Sursod,
I do
not use yahoo for data but it seems like there was a script file that Tomasz
wrote that made all these assignments (market/sectors/industry groups) You might
try a search of the NG archives. If you do not yet have the searchable database
go to the members section at....
<SPAN
class=837035722-23032003>
<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/members/
<SPAN
class=837035722-23032003>
If you
consider paying for your data then I know QP and TC2000 make those assignments
for you....
<SPAN
class=837035722-23032003>
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: sursod
[mailto:wl@xxxx]Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 5:13 PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Help with McClellan
and TRINI have started a new data base in Amibroker and
added 10 symbols, say A to J to a watch list.Then I open the Symbol /
Catagories / Market screen and I see the list:NYSE (seems always there
as default)Market 1Market 2and so onI highlight NYSE, and in
the adjacent space "setting" and the windows "relative
strength/composite/beta" I fill in ^DJI as per instruction in tutorial in
Newsletter #4/2000. As I continue the steps in the tutorial I end up getting
McClellan and TRIN in my chart. I would assume this is the McClellan and
TRIN based on the Adv/decl issues and Upvol/DnVol of NYSE, because I have
used the market NYSE Amibroker has kindly supplied me as default.Now
if I click open Symbol / Organize Assignments screen, and look at Markets
/NYSE, I will see the 10 symbols A to J I added at the very beginning when I
started this new database.Have I infact calculated the McClellan and
TRIN of the composite of stocks A to J. In other words what I thought was
'NYSE' is in fact no more than 10 stocks? Is it correct nothing is a given,
and I need to build my indices from scratch?If I want to create a
market call Nasdaq, another call NYSE what do I do? I have found ready made
lists of stocks of NYSE and Nasdaq. I have learned to import them as
watchlists, but I have not found how I can import this lists of stocks into
"market", where I can calculate McClellan and TRIN. Jayson has given
me a clue about the addtocomposite() function. I have found 4 pages of
description in the Help manual, but I havn't figured out how this will help
me.Help please!! Thank you for any suggestion.Sursod---
In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
Sursod,> this depends on your data provider. Some offer a/d and up/dn vol
for nas as> well. If yours does not than you may create your own
using the> addtocomposite() function. There is a good tutorial in the
help section for> how to construct your own composites. You may also
wish to take a look at> the help file regarding the proper use of
Trin. The settings windows allows> for smoothing, using a custom code
you may look at the raw data as well...> > Jayson>
-----Original Message-----> From: sursod [mailto:wl@xxxx]> Sent:
Friday, March 21, 2003 8:34 AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help with McClellan and TRIN> > >
Hi,> The McClellan and Trin we get in Amibroker, retrieved by using
the> instructions on newsletter #4 in 2000, are based on NYSE
Adv/decl> issues and UpVol/Dn Vol, and not that of Nasdaq, am I correct?
If so,> how do I get Nasdaq data into Amibroker?> > I
am puzzled also by the AB default TRIN setting of 15/45, I had> thought
TRIN is calculated day by day and no period is used.> > This is my
first post, I apologize if I ask dumb questions that have> been answered
many times before.> > Sursod> > >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.