[amibroker] Re: TJ: Is it a bug that "QT data plug-in stops working for some stocks randomly"?

Hi Michael,

I don't think it is timing issue. Plug-in got ticks for other symbols
correctly. Only some "random" symbol stopped.

Plug-in has default refresh rate 1 sec.

Example data I received in browser from QT Server
(http://localhost:16239/req?....)

Tomasz's already suggested to unmark "use optimized intraday data
retrieval" in plug-in Config and update QT. I will try this on Monday.

Thank you for your response,
Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, OzFalcon <OzFalcon@xxxx> wrote:
> Hmmm,
>
> Could be something to do with your timing setup.
> What is your update frequency in QT.
> What do you have QT data save time set to?
> What do you have the AB db refresh frequency set at?
>
> Where did you get that example data from? (Visualy from QT???)
>
> EG. If QT data save time is set to 30 seconds, You may "See" the
quotes in QT -
> BUT they are not available to AB becuase QT is pending 30 second
timer
> before saving data for the internal server (Where AB get's it's
data from).

> Have a close look at the times.
> There is only a delay of 3 seconds between 1&2nd quote.
> If you have QT set to save every 15 seconds - it will miss quotes.
> If you have QT set to save every 5 seconds - It may confict with
the ticker
> refresh time ie. My ticker refresh takes at least 20-30 seconds -
And thats
> on cable with x150 tickers.  If you have alot of tickers - That may
be
> making things worse.
>
> KR
> Michael.
>

> At 04:31 PM 22/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi, Tomasz,
> >
> >Do you have any ideas why QT data plug-in may stop working for some
> >stocks randomly? Please take a look on details at

yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/36187

> >Is it a bug in QT/QT Server/QT Plug-in/AB) or environment issue? Is
> >there any workaround?
> >
> >Thank you in advance,
> >Mike
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor