RE: [amibroker] Scans vs. Explorations

<SPAN
class=240322114-14032003>Chair,
<SPAN
class=240322114-14032003>Explore utilizes the filter=
set
filter =cross(bla,bla) and you should see only dates the filter occurred.
Explore also allows you to build your own report via the addtextcolumn() and
AddColumn() functions.
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: the_chairmann
[mailto:jhart_1972@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 8:50
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Scans
vs. ExplorationsAside from the buy and sell signals in
the scan mode what is the main difference between the two functions?
For example, I ran a 200 day MA crossing the closing price formula and got
two entirely different sets of results from the scan and explore
modes.  The explore returned a greater number or results but not all of
them necessarily crossed the 200 day MA, in fact many of the results were
trading below the 200 day ma.  The scan results were right on the
mark.  Do I need to put a "resultif" into the explore
formula?     Send
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.