[amibroker] Scans vs. Explorations

Aside from the buy and sell signals in the scan mode what is the
main difference between the two functions?  For example, I ran a 200
day MA crossing the closing price formula and got two entirely
different sets of results from the scan and explore modes.  The
explore returned a greater number or results but not all of them
necessarily crossed the 200 day MA, in fact many of the results were
trading below the 200 day ma.  The scan results were right on the
mark.  Do I need to put a "resultif" into the explore formula?