[amibroker] This group, web-based message boards, spam, etc...

Hello,

1. I have deleted original spam message
2. I haven't deleted the rest of the thread because it contains suggestions
about improvement of this group / message boards
3. I won't close this groups because I still think that mailing list is preferred by
majority of users.
4. web based board is already available but not that popular as this group.
5. We may move to web based system completely and close this group
only when web system will be able to emulate regular mailing list.
6. Note that moving to such system would require me to move also to more
powerful (and expensive) server because of amount of traffic this group generates.
(You can easily estimate this: >100 MB per month (due to attachments) multiplied by 800+ subscribers
gives 80+ GB/month traffic for mailing list alone, plus 30GB/month download traffic, plus
20GB/month archives traffic ).
Sooner or later I would anyway move but this also requires quite a bit of time
because of many scripts/databases running on servers.

To summarise: I am aware of the problem however I won't close this group
until I have a fairly decent system that would work better than web boards AND
mailing list.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com