[amibroker] Re: Twiggs Money Flow formula

Hi Jayson,
No need to rub it in. Anthony F. has already pointed out my
stupidity :(

Seriously though, there was a huge lag yesterday before posts were
coming up so I guess you did not see my earlier admission of
dumbness.

I remember all sorts of variations like .EQ. for "equals" and I
always used to read := as "set to equal"
Very confusing for an amateur. I have never used Metastock but its
combination for "equals" seems easier to grasp.

Back to the topic. The formula now works and for those unfamiliar
with it and would like to read more, check out
http://www.incrediblecharts.com/technical/twiggs_money_flow.htm

Best regards,
Anthony

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Anthony,
> I also do not understand the logic behind line 6 however, I think
the reason
> your code is failing is due to  your use of the equal sign. When
you set a
> variable you use,  =  as in    x=c+1;
> However when you are trying to use mathematical equal within the
code you
> must use == as in c==42
>
>       No Symbol Meaning
>       1 ^ Exponentiation
>       2 - Negation - Unary minus
>       3 * Multiplication
>       4 / Division
>       5 + Addition
>       6 - Subtraction
>       7 < Less than
>       8 > Greater than
>       9 <=  Less than or equal to
>       10 >= Greater than or equal to
>       11 == Equal to
>       12 != Not equal to
>       13 & Bit-wise "And" (AFL 2.1+)
>       14 | Bit-wise "Or" (AFL 2.1+)
>       15 NOT Logical "Not"
>       16 AND Logical "And"
>       17 OR Logical "Or"
>       18 = Variable assignment operator
>

> try....
>

> periods=Param("TMF periods",21,1,100,1);
> TRH=Max(Ref(C,-1),H);
> TRL=Min(Ref(C,-1),L);
> TR=TRH-TRL;
> ADV=((C-TRL)-(TRH-C))/(IIf(TR==0,999999,TR))*V;
> WV=V+(Ref(Volume,-1)*0);
> TMF=IIf(WV==0,0,Wilders(ADV,periods)/Wilders(WV,periods));
>
> Plot(tmf,"",colorRed,1);
>

> Jayson

DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/abvVKB/pEZFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM