Re: [amibroker] Re: Some strange addition rules

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here.

*I* take {Empty} (or N/A) to mean no information is available, so
if I have 3 boxes (30+50+20) and "some other container that may or may not
contain some indeterminate number of apples", i *DON'T*  know how many I
have.

I will admit that, I *DO* know I have at least 100 items of fruit (apples or
maybe oranges), and can make some further assumptions based on that, but that
is what they are, assumptions.

*I* would much rather have AmiBroker say "you haven't told me what to assume
here, so I'm not going to assume anything", so I can put the appropriate Nz()
or IIf() in.

That way not only does AmiBroker know what I'm assuming, *I* know what I'm
assuming, because I've had to think about it.

Nigel (who assumes he knows what he's talking about)