Re: [amibroker] rounding the buyprice

Hi Tomasz,

Tuesday, March 4, 2003, 4:39:56 AM, you wrote:

TJ> Please go to Symbol->Information and enter TICK SIZE for
TJ> particular symbol.

I wish it was that simple, Tomasz, but I suspect it is not.  The
problem is that I have any number of issues at any time that are
crossing back and forth over tick boundaries.  A stock trading around
2000 yen, for example, can have two different tick sizes during the
same day, sometimes switching back and forth several times as it
trades both above and below the dividing line.

I need to be able to tell the program some absolute things, maybe:

1) below 2000 prices must be evenly divisible by 1.  A price of
684.70, for example, is bogus.

1) between 2000 and 3000, only prices evenly divisible by 5 are
allowed.  A price of 2333, for example is bogus.

And so on and so forth . . .

If I enter an absolute tick value in Symbol-Information, that is a
mistake I think, because there is no such thing as an absolute tick
value for an issue in Japan.  There is only an absolute tick value
for a LAST PRICE.

Best,

Yuki

mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx