  <bvandyke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [mailto:bvandyke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 1:35 PMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Automated
  BacktestingHi dingo,You wrote below about
  Optimization:>I should point out that according to most of the
  knowledgeable >sources that you should only optimize once for a range
  of dates that will include bull and bear periods and then do a series of
  backtests "out of sample" to find out if your formula is "robust".
  That's the hard part!>  > dI think Leo may be
  referring, in his Post,  to an Optimization technique called
  "Walkforward Validation", which is what some people recommend and
  prefer.  It's another option to handle bull and bear years.  As
  you say, no matter what technique, it's not easy
  :)Bill> > -----Original Message----->