[amibroker] Re: TJ... take a look. Am I the only one with an editor problem

<In AmiBroker there is one more level: as AFL editors are embedded
into dialogs (Automatic Analysis, Indicator Builder, Commentary) the
dialog window has to get the focus first.>

I just tested the Wordpad experiment and found out what the problem is
that requires 3 mouse clicks to anchor the cursor at a desired new
location when changing focus.

If you are in Wordpad and click on the AA window TITLE BAR, then the
AA dialog window gets focus and only one (1) more mouse click is
required to position the cursor.

HOWEVER... If you are in Wordpad and click inside the Code window of
the AA dialog window, it only gives the FALSE IMPRESSION that the AA
dialog window has focus. At this point look closely and you will
notice that the Title Bars of both the Main Chart Window and the AA
dialog window are both bright blue, and you will also notice that you
cannot see the blinking cursor in the AA window (indicating that it
does not have focus). Then when you click the 2nd time in the AA Code
window you will observe that the Title Bar of the main chart window
dims, indicating that focus just moved away from the main chart
window. At this point, the blinking cursor in the AA window appears
(indicating that the AA window just got focus). And finally, now a
third click is required to anchor the cursor to the desired edit/entry
position.

So three clicks are required if you do not click on the AA Title Bar.

TJ... can your code give focus to the AA dialog when the code window
receives a mouse click?

Thanks to all for helping diagnose this condition.

Phsst

> Hello,
>
> One thing more: launch a WordPad (Start->Program
Files->Accessories->WordPad).
> Then switch to some other application and then click on WordPad again.
> You will see that cursor STAYS AT PREVIOUS POSITION.
> And another click is needed to move it to a new place.
>
> You can try this also with Word and any other text editor. You
always need to
> activate the application first.
>
> In AmiBroker there is one more level: as AFL editors are embedded
into dialogs
> (Automatic Analysis, Indicator Builder, Commentary) the dialog window
> has to get the focus first.
>
> This is how Microsoft Windows works. It is not my design. Sorry.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

POSITION.  If
> > > this is where you want to type, then two clicks does it.  If
your mouse
> > > cursor is positioned at a different point from the last location
of the
> > > edit cursor, then a THIRD click is necessary to begin entering text
> > > where you want it.
> > >
> > > Having done it for an 11th time with the same result, I still
reserve
> > > the right to be wrong as you are usually always right, but...who
> > > cares....the original post said Phsst had problems with
apparently only
> > > one click.  So...he should try two or three or four....but if
the habit
> > > is developed, one will not inadvertently enter text in the wrong
> > > location.
> > >
> > > Ken

THREE
> > > (3)

CLICK my

> > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > > >

> > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> > >

> > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> > >

> > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM