 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herman van den Bergen
[mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 7:51
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
Re: RSC
don't know... depends on your stocks i guess, easy to check though. Just display
all quotes and step through the stocks in a sector, if they all have the same
length of historical data you have no problem.
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
take
care,
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>Herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jayson
  [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003
  1:39 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [amibroker] Re: RSC
  <SPAN
  class=880242921-27022003>Herman,
  <SPAN
  class=880242921-27022003>
  follow your reasoning that a higher priced stock may dominate a sector and
  perhaps that needs to be addressed. However on your 2nd point since the custom
  universe is driving the custom sectors the code will in fact reflect a
  consistent number going back in time will it not?
  [mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 7:22
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Re: RSC
  If
  you have an inconsistant number of stocks in the bars you will get inaccurate
  results, some stocks (higher priced) may dominate. Especially so if you
  create composites for many years, many stocks you find in today's sectors were
  not there some years ago. So If you had 50 stocks today you may only have 5-10
  five years ago.

    [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003
    12:22 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
    [amibroker] Re: RSC
    <SPAN
    class=419444819-27022003>Herman,
    <SPAN
    class=419444819-27022003>
    have just been running the raw numbers each day. Do you see an advantage in
    averaging?
    [mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 5:28
    PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
    [amibroker] Re: RSC
    Hi
    Jayson,
    <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
    size=2>
    <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
    size=2>thanks for your recent posts. Wrt the composite building should we
    count the stocks for each bar and calculate the average price array for each
    bar? Or did i miss some posts?
    <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
    size=2>
    <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
    size=2>Herman
    <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
    size=2>
    Buy=1;>
    sym="~"+SectorID(1);> isym="~i"+SectorID(1);> >
    AddToComposite(C,"~Universe" ,"c");> >
    AddToComposite(C,isym,"C");> AddToComposite(O,isym,"O");>
    AddToComposite(H,isym,"H");> AddToComposite(L,isym,"L");>
    AddToComposite(V/1000,isym,"V");

      [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
      8:50 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
      [amibroker] Re: RSC
      <SPAN
      class=707363304-26022003>Alan,
      <SPAN
      class=707363304-26022003>
      <SPAN
      class=707363304-26022003>I scan individual stocks to create the index
      composites. You could use a custom universe or one of the more traditional
      (nas 100, S&P etc). Group 253 is where AB stores your newly created
      composites. The groups can be found on your work space tree
      (View/workspace) if these are the only composites you have then there
      should be 13, the traditional 12 (Capital Goods, Consumer Cyclical etc)
      and Universe which is the base index we use to compare the others to. You
      are correct that I rearranged the order in my code, it should
      be....
      <SPAN
      class=707363304-26022003>
      <FONT
      color=#000000> <FONT
      color=#0000ff>
      Filter=C>0<FONT
      color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>;<FONT
      size=2>
      x=Foreign("~Universe","C"<FONT
      color=#282828><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
      size=2>);
      RSC=ROC(MA(C<FONT
      face=Arial>/x,13),1<FONT color=#0000ff
      face=Arial>);

      AddColumn(RSC,<FONT
      color=#ff00ff>"Today RSC");<FONT
      color=#0000ff>
      AddColumn(<FONT
      color=#0000ff>Ref(RSC,-<FONT
      color=#ff00ff>1),<FONT
      color=#ff00ff>"Yesterday RSC");<FONT
      color=#0000ff>
      AddColumn(<FONT
      color=#0000ff>Ref(RSC,-<FONT
      color=#ff00ff>2),"2
      day ago RSC");

      sorry for the
      confusion, and good catch!

       Jayson
      <FONT face=Tahoma
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Alan Nouray
      <alann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [mailto:alann@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent:
      Tuesday, February 25, 2003 8:07 PMTo:
      amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
      RSCHi Jason,I have few questions
      regarding this system:First, do you scan individual stocks or
      indexes?Where is group 253?In Metastock code the formula
      was ROC(Mov((C/P),13,S),1,%) but yourformual is MA(ROC(C/x,13),1); Is
      it the same? the first one is ROC ofmoving average and the second
      formula is moving average of ROC.Alan--- In
      amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
      All,> > I just picked up an interesting article that lends
      itself to thethreads of> last week regarding using one set of
      data to influence another set.I posted> the PDF to the file
      section. Those interested in Sector rotation mayfind it> of
      interest. It is geared towards Metastock users and the last partof
      the> article is an ad but for some it may be an interesting
      read.> > The concept lends itself to Amibroker since we have
      the ability toeasily> create custom sector indexes. For those
      interested in SectorRotation read> on, if not hit
      delete..........> > > > The first step is to
      create a group of Sector indexes. This customgroup can> be your
      whole universe (database) or a filtered sub set (Nas 100,S&P
      etc).> Place the code into AA to create the indexes by scanning
      theuniverse  of> your choice......> >
      > Buy=1;> sym="~"+SectorID(1);>
      isym="~i"+SectorID(1);> > AddToComposite(C,"~Universe"
      ,"c");> > AddToComposite(C,isym,"C");>
      AddToComposite(O,isym,"O");> AddToComposite(H,isym,"H");>
      AddToComposite(L,isym,"L");>
      AddToComposite(V/1000,isym,"V");> > The result will be a
      group of 13 index's, one for each sector andone for> the
      complete universe. These newly created indexes will be saved
      ingroup> 253. Move them to an empty watchlist.> >
      Now we have the data to calculate our Sector Relative
      StrengthComparison> (RSC).> > You can read the
      article for a full description or simply add thiscode to> AA
      and explore your new watchlist........> > >
      Filter=C>0;> x=Foreign("~Universe","C");>
      RSC=MA(ROC(C/x,13),1);> > AddColumn(RSC,"Today
      RSC");> AddColumn(Ref(RSC,-1),"Yesterday RSC");>
      AddColumn(Ref(RSC,-2),"2 day ago RSC");> > > Sort the
      "Today" Column. At a glance you can easily see whichsectors
      are> out performing the universe as a whole and more importantly
      you maysee if> the sector is gaining or losing momentum. The
      above code reflect RSCover> the last 3 days but by adjusting
      the ref statements you can exploreany time> frame you
      wish.> > The next step would be to explore stocks in a given
      sector against their> indexes. Thanks to the code (script) posted
      by William Peters last week> creating the 12 Sector watch lists is
      now a snap.> > have fun with it.....> >
      JaysonSend BUG REPORTS to
      bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
      <A