[amibroker] Re: How to Backup Indicator Builder Formulas

Dingo + Phsst,

All the indicators are in the broker.charts file in the Amibroker
root installation directory; a second copy of this file will back up
all your custom indicators.(Similarly, broker.bcharts contains all
the built in indicators.)

On a related topic, I just recently figured out that new indicators
are saved only if you are working the the local 'defaults' layout.
(changes to existing indicators are saved when made in any layout).

I don't know if this is true with global layouts...I just use local
layouts feature.

Regards,
downhillspeedster

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> I asked TJ to fix this months ago and am disappointed that it
hasn't
> been fixed.  Here's why it happens:
>
> AB remembers only the last Indicator file name that you either
loaded or
> saved.  You can see this for yourself by clicking on an indicator
and
going
> to remember.  Now click on another indicator and click the save
formula
> button. DO NOT click the Save button but notice the name of the
file
> that AB wants to save your indicator as.  The same one as when you
> loaded the first indicator.
>
> I noticed where Yuki suggested putting a blank one at the top but
that
> won't solve the problem if you forget how this naming situation
works.

> I would think that bugs/features that cause data loss should be
fixed
> before anything else is fixed or added. But then my mileage varies
> lot.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2784922.4151385.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1
705
> 632198:HM/A=1377501/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?