RE: [amibroker] Re: RSC

<SPAN
class=707363304-26022003>Alan,
<SPAN
class=707363304-26022003>
I scan
individual stocks to create the index composites. You could use a custom
universe or one of the more traditional (nas 100, S&P etc). Group 253 is
where AB stores your newly created composites. The groups can be found on your
work space tree (View/workspace) if these are the only composites you have then
there should be 13, the traditional 12 (Capital Goods, Consumer Cyclical etc)
and Universe which is the base index we use to compare the others to. You are
correct that I rearranged the order in my code, it should
be....
<SPAN
class=707363304-26022003>
<FONT
color=#000000>
Filter=C>0<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>;<FONT
size=2>
x=Foreign("~Universe","C"<FONT
color=#282828><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>);
RSC=ROC(MA(C/x,13),1<FONT
color=#282828>);

AddColumn(RSC,"Today
RSC");<FONT
color=#0000ff>
AddColumn(<FONT
color=#0000ff>Ref(RSC,-<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1),<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Yesterday RSC");<FONT
color=#0000ff>
AddColumn(<FONT
color=#0000ff>Ref(RSC,-<FONT
color=#ff00ff>2),"2 day
ago RSC");

sorry for the
confusion, and good catch!

 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Alan Nouray
<alann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [mailto:alann@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday,
February 25, 2003 8:07 PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
RSCHi Jason,I have few questions regarding this
system:First, do you scan individual stocks or indexes?Where is
group 253?In Metastock code the formula was ROC(Mov((C/P),13,S),1,%) but
yourformual is MA(ROC(C/x,13),1); Is it the same? the first one is ROC
ofmoving average and the second formula is moving average of
ROC.Alan--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> All,> > I just picked up an
interesting article that lends itself to thethreads of> last week
regarding using one set of data to influence another set.I posted>
the PDF to the file section. Those interested in Sector rotation mayfind
it> of interest. It is geared towards Metastock users and the last
partof the> article is an ad but for some it may be an interesting
read.> > The concept lends itself to Amibroker since we have the
ability toeasily> create custom sector indexes. For those interested
in SectorRotation read> on, if not hit delete..........>
> > > The first step is to create a group of Sector
indexes. This customgroup can> be your whole universe (database) or a
filtered sub set (Nas 100,S&P etc).> Place the code into AA to
create the indexes by scanning theuniverse  of> your
choice......> > > Buy=1;>
sym="~"+SectorID(1);> isym="~i"+SectorID(1);> >
AddToComposite(C,"~Universe" ,"c");> >
AddToComposite(C,isym,"C");> AddToComposite(O,isym,"O");>
AddToComposite(H,isym,"H");> AddToComposite(L,isym,"L");>
AddToComposite(V/1000,isym,"V");> > The result will be a group of
13 index's, one for each sector andone for> the complete universe.
These newly created indexes will be saved ingroup> 253. Move them to
an empty watchlist.> > Now we have the data to calculate our
Sector Relative StrengthComparison> (RSC).> > You can
read the article for a full description or simply add thiscode to> AA
and explore your new watchlist........> > >
Filter=C>0;> x=Foreign("~Universe","C");>
RSC=MA(ROC(C/x,13),1);> > AddColumn(RSC,"Today RSC");>
AddColumn(Ref(RSC,-1),"Yesterday RSC");> AddColumn(Ref(RSC,-2),"2 day ago
RSC");> > > Sort the "Today" Column. At a glance you can
easily see whichsectors are> out performing the universe as a whole
and more importantly you maysee if> the sector is gaining or losing
momentum. The above code reflect RSCover> the last 3 days but by
adjusting the ref statements you can exploreany time> frame you
wish.> > The next step would be to explore stocks in a given
sector against their> indexes. Thanks to the code (script) posted by
William Peters last week> creating the 12 Sector watch lists is now a
snap.> > have fun with it.....> >
JaysonSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.