[amibroker] Re: RSC

Hi Jason,

I have few questions regarding this system:

First, do you scan individual stocks or indexes?

Where is group 253?

In Metastock code the formula was ROC(Mov((C/P),13,S),1,%) but your
formual is MA(ROC(C/x,13),1); Is it the same? the first one is ROC of
moving average and the second formula is moving average of ROC.

Alan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
> I just picked up an interesting article that lends itself to the
threads of
> last week regarding using one set of data to influence another set.
I posted
> the PDF to the file section. Those interested in Sector rotation may
find it
> of interest. It is geared towards Metastock users and the last part
of the
> article is an ad but for some it may be an interesting read.
>
> The concept lends itself to Amibroker since we have the ability to
easily
> create custom sector indexes. For those interested in Sector
Rotation read
> on, if not hit delete..........
>

> The first step is to create a group of Sector indexes. This custom
group can
> be your whole universe (database) or a filtered sub set (Nas 100,
S&P etc).
> Place the code into AA to create the indexes by scanning the
universe  of
> your choice......
>

> Buy=1;
> sym="~"+SectorID(1);
> isym="~i"+SectorID(1);
>
> AddToComposite(C,"~Universe" ,"c");
>
> AddToComposite(C,isym,"C");
> AddToComposite(O,isym,"O");
> AddToComposite(H,isym,"H");
> AddToComposite(L,isym,"L");
> AddToComposite(V/1000,isym,"V");
>
> The result will be a group of 13 index's, one for each sector and
one for
> the complete universe. These newly created indexes will be saved in
group
> 253. Move them to an empty watchlist.
>
> Now we have the data to calculate our Sector Relative Strength
Comparison