[amibroker] Re: looking into the future

Rik,
there is nothing personal, I wrote I do not know the stockanalyser
and its creator.
It is essential to understand that the hypothesis RocClose==RocHigh
is wrong, it happens by coincidence
[for example, two consecutive bullish bars with Close==High] and can
not be used as a "simple" or "simplistic"
hypothesis. Sometimes we "know" 10 min before the end that StochD
WILL cross the threshhold. I speak for these
bullish days when L>Ref(H,-1) and H>L and the probable C is also >L
and you may decide that nothing will change
the last 10 min, BUT, it is not ALWAYS true. Stochastic, as a 3-
parametric function is quite painful and risky for any
prediction. It is better to wait for the final EOD. [I do not always
apply this rule, but I have to...].
AHOLD was a good example. the stock was ready to give a buy signal,
it was still in SELL/SHORT phase. If you wanted
to catch the early birds, you should suffer from a severe -65%
penalty, if you were waiting for a CONFIRMED buy signal
you could avoid this [well prepared] trap. We usually want to
predict, but, trading is not prediction alone, intraday management
needs cold blood and quick decisions. Many traders shorted AHOLD at
todays Open and made a small fortune, some others
bought at open, because they know better etc. The 73M shares speak
much better than these lines do...
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik Rasmussen" <hrasmussen@xxxx>
wrote:
> I am NOT the developer of the Stock Analyzer, only a user and
moderator of
> the yahoo group.
>
> I do NOT claim the feature has merit. I was only referring to it as
an
> example of an idea that might be adaptable to Amibroker. I am sure
a more
> useful design is possible. The Stock Analyzer is a nice little
application
> with some clever features but is no where near being in the same
league as
> Amibroker.
>
> Most of the SA users are aware of the weakness you mention. To us
it is a
> "toy" feature, just something to play with. In fact, I have never
used it
> for actual consideration.
>
> A similar future bar that is based on recent range average might
work as a
> "what if" tool.
>
> Rik Rasmussen
> Stock Analyzer mailing list moderator