[amibroker] Re: Trend Detectors 2

Alan,
I run composite formulas for N100.
If I try S&P or DJ, I will run a separate formula.
Any result from Mean Indicators is based on the directionality of the
specific market : If the high volume/popular N100 stocks go higher,
then the majority will follow and the whole market will go higher,
even if it is not fair for some stocks. Each market has a special
profile. You may use different symbols, like MeanRSIN100, MeanRSIS&P
for different scans.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alan Nouray <alann@xxxx>"
<alann@xxxx> wrote:
> Tahnk you Dimitris. After reviewing the info this is what I
understand:

> Put the following formula into Automatic Analysis:
>
> s1=IIf(RSI()>=0 AND RSI()<=100,RSI(),0);
> s2=IIf(StochD()>=0 AND StochD()<=100,StochD(),0);
> AddToComposite(s1,"~SUMRSI","C");
> AddToComposite(1,"~COUNT","V");
> AddToComposite(s2,"~SUMSTOCHD","C");
> Buy=0;
>
> Then run the scan on a database. Then copy the following formula
into
> Indicator Builder:
> MeanRSI = Foreign("~SUMRSI","C") / Foreign("~COUNT","V");
> Plot(MeanRSI,"MeanRSI",colorBlue,styleLine);
>
> Is this correct?
>
> My other question is you run the scan on what data base. Is it
Nasdaq,

<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>"
> <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> > The comment is at
> > http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=173
> > DT
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>"
> > <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Alan,
> > > I added a comment to the AFL Library for easier reference
> > > http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php
> > > See also the recent similar question at
> > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/34279
> > > and many messages in the past for this indicator.
> > > For any further questions, just ask again.
> > > Dimitris Tsokakis
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alan Nouray <alann@xxxx>"

> > > <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
N100