[amibroker] looking into the future

All:

I have a trend qualifier that I use with pretty decent success for
short-term trading on some brokerage stocks.  The qualifier is really
simple:

If 2 of the 3 major brokerage stocks have scCMF(14) values greater
than zero, the trend is up, else it is down.

One of the drawbacks of any indicator with a fairly lengthy look back
period, of course, is that it may not do what you expect on any one
given day.  i.e., composite stocks down sharply, but the indicator
may actually rise slightly on that day, because of the look back

So my question:

It it possible, via a computer, to calculate tomorrow's value of a
particular indicator based on hypothetical price values?  (I'm pretty
sure this could be done, but I don't know how to do it, other than by
hand, which can be a very long and laborious process.)  To cut to the
chase, would it even be possible to input a desired situation on a
particular stock -- say, cross(0, scCMF(14)) -- and then get the
computer (AB, preferably, via some kind of scan) to give me the price
action that would need to take place to achieve this situation?

Yuki ^_^

mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx