From: Tomasz Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 12:32 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Metastock Formula for AB

Alan,

It depends on what kind of volume-weighting you prefer.
If simple weighting - that is OK.

If exponential-like volume weigted you may try this:

Period = 20;
N = 5 * MA( Volume, Period );
VWMA = AMA( Close, Volume/N );

(this average implements dynamic (adaptive) smoothing
depending on the ratio of current volume to average volume
of period last days )

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com