RE: [amibroker] Re: Tomasz - Problems Continue...

<SPAN
class=827283623-23022003>Steve,
<SPAN
class=827283623-23022003>
I do
not know exactly what you are looking for but this may
help       <A
href="">http://www.grainmarketresearch.com/ndx_symbols.cfm
<SPAN
class=827283623-23022003>
this
site reports the components of popular lists such as the S&P, the NAs 100
etc. The way I brought them in was to simply drag the list then copy to the clip
board then drop them into excel or a similar program. Once saved as a CSV file
in excel I import the new list file via the Import wizard in Amibroker. Since
you do not need the data only the tickers choose the "No Quotation" option.
There is  (I think ) a tutorial in the gelp file for using the import
wizard that you may wish to review.
<SPAN
class=827283623-23022003>
If you
are still confused contact me off list and I will walk you through the
procedure...
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Steve_Almond
<steve_almond@xxxxxxxxx> [mailto:steve_almond@xxxxxxxxx]Sent:
Sunday, February 23, 2003 5:48 PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Tomasz - Problems
Continue...Jayson,This is EXACTLY the sort of
information I've been looking for. Alternative ways of organising my
data.I know I can simply list both portfolios in the Metastock Plugin
screen. That gets me all 600 stocks in one mighty database in AB. How do
I seperate the two groups into 2
watchlists?Thanks,Steve--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson <jcasavant@xxxx>"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Steve,> I am sure you can use
more than one database, I do it every day, but > an observation for
your question "is there a better way". Have you > considered having one
database that has all the tickers you desire > then setting up a
watchlist for the S&P and a 2nd watchlist for the > Nas 100 etc in
that one database? In AA you can then choose to simply > run your
test on that particular watchlist. > > jayson> >
"Steve_Almond <steve_almond@xxxx>" > <steve_almond@xxxx>
wrote:> > I spoke much too soon about the solution to my  problem
of > > backtest 'Report' not working. This is turning into a
nightmare....> > Here's the situation. I have set up two seperate
databases in > > Amibroker, each of  which access one Metastock
Portfolio using the > > Metastock plug-in. One database is the
S&P 500, the other is the > > Masdaq 100.> > When I
start AB, it defaults to the Nasdaq 100 and EVERYTHING works > >
fine. > > If I then open the S&P 500 database, neither backtest
Reports nor > > Help will work.> > If I now try to open any
other database (say the Nasdaq 100 again) > > the 'Browse for
Folder' window will always open up > > at 'Windows\Temporary Internet
Files' (that's when I know I'm in > > trouble....)> >
> > Am I allowed to have two Metastock Databases? I want to be able
to > > test any system against the S&P 500 stocks only, or the
NDX stocks > > only. Is there a better way to acheive
this?> > > > Thanks,> > > >
StevePost
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.