RE: [amibroker] Writing a "trading system"

Markus
Only if you trade before the close of that day, I have mostly use EOD
for signals rather than trying to get in just before close as there is
too often a large change after the market (ASX) finishes the normal
trading day at 4pm. They then have an auction type situation for 5
minutes for the privileged few, like a pre-open situation, to determine
the final official close price. Oh I trade from the closing prices, not
highs/lows so my system would be different to the one we were talking
about.
For most part-time traders they can only carry out any explorations
overnight on EOD data.
Just re-read your response, and not certain if you mean something
different. The search originally set up was for buy/sell etc signals
when the last high/low penetrates a recent HHV or LLV. Say the stock is
already trending then you could have a situation where the new highs
have been setting new HHV for many days. I always assume traders want to
get in as early as possible in a trend, so you would set up your signal
for the first day the high makes a new HHV. (or L / LLV depending on
your trade direction)

Now that I have totally confused myself I will send this and confuse
everyone else as to what I was trying to talk about. Are you sure that
Yuki can keep that dumbest trophy in JP, I am certain it must come to
Ozzie land now :o

Cheers,
Graham