[amibroker] Re: WDS (Watered Down System)

As I have stated and will do so again.  The parameters in this system
are at least somewhat fragile.  If you want to term that overly-
optimized so be it.  There is however a difference between the
concept of vendor data errors and using one set of data to test and
another to trade.  I suspect this particular system could be
optimized to use and trade any of the variety data sources, but not
to test on one and trade on another.  I can point at datapoints
between vendors where prices differ by more then 1% on several
occasions.  If you don't find that to be significant in the systems
you build and test then you don't.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:
> Fred sez:
> Although I have been stoned for this in the past by those who build
and
> trade
> end of day systems with comments like this sort of thing doesn't
matter,
> one
> can clearly see with this example that it does.
>
> Fred,
>
> What really matters is that any "robust" system should be able to
handle
> vendor mistakes and still produce similar, but not matching,
results.  Good
> bad vs. bad data really doesn't matter... unless, of course, you
have
> over-optimized your system on a specific set.  If a system can't
perform on
> similar, but not identical, data, then someone might have "over-
tweaked"
> their approach.
>
> Take care,
>
> Steve

Yahoo's
> > quotes because they're free.  But that aside I think what it shows
> > more than anyything else is that one needs to trade with the same
> > data streams that one tests with.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx>
wrote:

> > The number
> > great if
> > see a plot

> > > Steve, to add a third data source to the mix I have 257 trades,
> > > 2/20/03 using QP2 data for NDX.
> > >
> > > Sid
> > >

> > > ---
02/13/2003