RE: [amibroker] Re: WDS (Watered Down System)

Yes,
Jayson, the range of dates matches Fred's report.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jayson
  [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 1:59
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Re: WDS (Watered Down System)
  <SPAN
  class=966525618-21022003>Steve are you testing the same number of bars as Fred
  did in his original post?
   Jayson
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Davis
  [mailto:sdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 1:40
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Re: WDS (Watered Down System)There is something wrong
  here. The trades are not similar enough. The numberof trades is much
  higher with the Yahoo ^NDX symbol. It would be great ifsomeone with both
  symbols could investigate this. Would love to see a plotof the difference
  between the two symbols. Something like this:yahooNdx =
  Foreign("^NDX", C);quoteNdx = Foreign("NDX_D", C);diff = quoteNdx -
  yahooNdx;Plot(diff, "diff", colorBlack);-----Original
  Message-----From: Fred <fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 1:26 PMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: WDS (Watered Down
  System)Reasonable as a data source ? of course ... With the
  currentparameter values ? I guess this depends on how similar the
  tradesare.  If they are almost identical then maybe it is
  reasonable.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "b519b
  <b519b@xxxx>" <b519b@xxxx>wrote:> Also, I noticed that
  the results were slightly different if Itraded> the QQQ based on
  the NDX or on the QQQ. The difference was not> great.>>
  As for the difference of Yahoo's ^NDX and Quote.com's NDX_D, I> assume
  that using the ^NDX is a reasonable option for those of us> who do not
  use Quote.com data.>> b>> --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred <fctonetti@xxxx>">
  <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:> > NDX_D as specified in the system as
  presented is the equivalentof> > Quote.Com's daily data for
  NDX.  Different data vendors don't> always> > have the
  same values for the same symbol.  These differences of> >
  course affect system results.> >> > --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Davis" <_sdavis@xxxx>>
  wrote:> > > b,> > >> > > I also changed
  the system to use "^NDX" instead of "NDX_D" and> my> >
  results> > > are like yours. The system generates 352 trades with
  157 wins> and> > 195 losses> > > for a net%
  profit of 857%. CAR=77%. MDD=34.48%.> > >> > >
  Somehow the change to ^NDX generates more frequent trades with>
  worse> > > results. Strange.> > >> > >
  -Steve> > >   -----Original Message-----> >
  Subject: [amibroker] WDS (was Watered Down Semi-Interesting> >
  System)> > >> > >> > >   I am
  not getting any error messages, but I am not getting> results>
  > to> > >   match Fred's figures and chart.>
  I put the formual code> into> > AA> >
  >   and changed the settings to "Reverse Entry signal forces
  exit"> > >   and "allow same bar exit". I changed the
  Foreign callto "^NDX"> > >   because I use Yahoo
  data, so the NDX signal was used to signal> > >
  trades in and out of the QQQ.> > >> > >
  My total return was not 600% or 6,000% but 840.68% with anRAR>
  of> > >   90.06%. Attached is a screen capture of the
  Equity Line (itis> in> > >   the middle --
  generated by copying the AA code into a new> > indicator>
  > >   followed by the equity line code from post 34313). The
  bottom> > window> > >   is AB's regular
  equity curve. My equity curve is no where> never> >
  the> > >   one in Fred's post 34208.> >
  right?> > >> > >   Opps, I guess I can not
  attach a picture using IE to write> this> > post.>
  Kaiser<s9kaiser@xxxx>> > >   wrote:>
  > >   > Fred, I think all of us got that same error....
  Buy, sell,> short> > >   and cover> >
  >   > are all present in the AA system test. there is some
  sortof> > error> > >   in here>
  > >   > somewhere.  It is also hard to save the
  indicator becauseof> > that> > >
  same> > >   > error.  Also I do find it
  necessary to add the extra /* to> get> > an> >
  >   equity> > >   > plot from the AA
  button.  From the indicator edit window> using> >
  the> > >   apply> > >   >
  button gives an immediate error at the usual spot.> >
  >   >> > >   > BTW if anyone is
  getting about 622% gain instead of 6108%> check> >
  >   settings to> > >   > see if you
  have the "allow same bar exit"  checked in AA> >
  >   settings.  Also> > >   > you
  can't have fractional shares of QQQ.> > >

  >         Yahoo! Groups

  ADVERTISEMENT> > >> > >> > >>
  to:> amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >   (Web page:
  <A
  <A
  to the Yahoo! Terms of> > Service.Post AmiQuote-related
  messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
  group FAQ at:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A