From: b519b <b519b@xxxxxxxxx> [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 21 February 2003 3:18 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] WDS (was Watered Down Semi-Interesting System)

I am not getting any error messages, but I am not getting results to
match Fred's figures and chart.

Maybe I am not applying it correctly. I put the formual code into AA
and changed the settings to "Reverse Entry signal forces exit"
and "allow same bar exit". I changed the Foreign call to "^NDX"
because I use Yahoo data, so the NDX signal was used to signal
trades in and out of the QQQ.

My total return was not 600% or 6,000% but 840.68% with an RAR of
90.06%. Attached is a screen capture of the Equity Line (it is in
the middle -- generated by copying the AA code into a new indicator
followed by the equity line code from post 34313). The bottom window
is AB's regular equity curve. My equity curve is no where never the
one in Fred's post 34208.

Any ideas what I have not done right?

Opps, I guess I can not attach a picture using IE to write this post.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx>
wrote:
> Fred, I think all of us got that same error.... Buy, sell, short
and cover
> are all present in the AA system test. there is some sort of error
in here
> somewhere.  It is also hard to save the indicator because of that
same
> error.  Also I do find it necessary to add the extra /* to get an
equity
> plot from the AA button.  From the indicator edit window using the
apply
> button gives an immediate error at the usual spot.
>
> BTW if anyone is getting about 622% gain instead of 6108% check
settings to
> see if you have the "allow same bar exit"  checked in AA
settings.  Also
> you can't have fractional shares of QQQ.
>
> Sid

Check group FAQ at:

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to