[amibroker] Re: The Watered Down Semi-Interesting System

Sid,

The ideas of asymmetrical long/short signals and exits is certainly
not new.  Eons ago as a purist I for some reason thought this needed
to be the case, but that logic ?! has long since been discarded.

This watered down version is no where near as good as the full blown
version, but it's intreresting to see what simplistic little systems
like this can do.

If you are referring the the equity line graph, the code is in the
files section.

Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx> wrote:
> Fred, clever system idea....
>
> It incorporates several concepts that I also have stumbled across
in the
> last few years.
>
> Symmetrical buy/sell logic is usually not optimal.
>
> Identical buy/cover logic is usually not optimal.
>
> Identical sell/short logic is usually not optimal.
>

> The counter trend or trending logic is very nice.  It reminds me of
a post
> I wrote about a year ago on FT-Talk BB about using multiple
Stochastic