[amibroker] Re: The transcendental use of Data: An application

DT,

I am not sure there is a correct period per se, but when I tried to
optimize it from early 98 forward it ran out of ca$h to trade in
about 6 months as I recall.

FT

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>"
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> > relatively high levels [this is the way the market will leave
> behind
> > its bearish mood]
> > The last month, instead of a confirmation, I have to dissappoint
> you,
> > nothing hapened, may be the next time !!
> > So, instead of being affraid of an [unrealistic, for me] bullish
> > expansion, I prefer to FOLLOW the market without prejudice.
> > The market is bearish and will remain bearish for a long time. We
> > will have some good bullish trends two or three per year [and it
it
> > good to be there !!!] and then back to basics [or lower].
> > Frankly speaking, the pre-2000 period does not exist for me and
any
> > research of mine.
> > Of course, this is nothing but a personal opinion.
> > Dimitris
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred <fctonetti@xxxx>"
> > <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > > DT,
> > >
> > > I keep asking the same question with regards to your posts like
> > this,
> > > but I don't think they're reaching your mailbox.
> > >
> > > Why have you picked 1/2000 as the date to optimize forward
> from ?
> > > Don't you think this is somewhat dangerous to optimize since
> > slightly
> > > before the beginning of the current bear market as many traders
> > would
> > > have after the fact found it dangerous in the very late 90's to
> > > optimize over the last several years of the bull at that
time ?
> > > me this is an accident waiting to happen.  I don't understand
how
> > it
> > > could be otherwise.
> > >
> > > Please explain your thinking in this regard.
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dimitris Tsokakis"
> > <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> winning
> > > combinations when D1=Optimize("D1",42,30,50,1); and the best
> gives
> trades.
> > > lot of systems.
> > > StockMarket vector space.
> > N100
> > > market, according to my earlier post.
> > > stocks.
> > is
> > > not coincidental, since the whole market profits are +450% with
> > > fighter, you should take all the risk to trade it, but 75% is a
> > > respectable percentage]
> > Buy
> > > BEAS [and CSCO] on the next bar Open.
> min
> > > before the end [life is not as easy as backtesting] plus my
broker
> was
> > > clear take-the-money-and-run session, the system will make its
> own
> > > profits,
> should
> > > learn something for TMPW, perhaps it is a great company.