[amibroker] RE: Tonetti Equity Curve [Was: The transcendental use of Data: An application]

<SPAN
class=898221615-19022003>Fred,
<SPAN
class=898221615-19022003>
Have
you enhanced your equity line AFL code? I noticed a new statistic "Ann%" that I
have not seen before.
<SPAN
class=898221615-19022003>
How is
Ann% different from CAR%?
Could
you please repost your equity line AFL?
<SPAN
class=898221615-19022003>
<SPAN
class=898221615-19022003>Thanks
<SPAN
class=898221615-19022003>-Steve

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Fred Tonetti
  [mailto:ftonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003
  8:10 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [amibroker] The transcendental use of Data: An
application
  Ken,
  Right.
  It<FONT face=Arial
  size=2>&#8217;<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>s not about inter-vehicle<SPAN
  lang=en-us> <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>or <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>transcendental<SPAN
  lang=en-us><SPAN
  lang=en-us> signals i.e.<SPAN
  lang=en-us> use this to trade
  that.  This is common practi<SPAN
  lang=en-us>c<SPAN
  lang=en-us>e in
  today<FONT face=Arial
  size=2>&#8217;<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>s world although I<SPAN
  lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>&#8217;<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>ve never thought to use it on stocks and this IS an
  interesting idea.
  The danger
  I <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>see<SPAN
  lang=en-us> is not in the system
  itself <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>but <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>in what is not seen<SPAN
  lang=en-us> as it
  hasn<FONT face=Arial
  size=2>&#8217;<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>t been tested<SPAN
  lang=en-us>.  As an example
  here<FONT face=Arial
  size=2>&#8217;<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>s a system that was optimized from the beginning of 2000
  forward <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>which looks pretty good followed by the<SPAN
  lang=en-us> OOS results prior
  to that.<FONT
  face=Arial size=2> <SPAN
  lang=en-us> In the late 90<SPAN
  lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>&#8217;<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>s almost no one had a clue that the market was about to turn
  down for the next 3 years just as almost no one now has a clue as to whether
  we<FONT face=Arial
  size=2>&#8217;<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>ll be going down another 3 years or we<SPAN
  lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>&#8217;<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>re about to go up or we<SPAN
  lang=en-us> <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>have <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>already<SPAN
  lang=en-us> turned the corner<SPAN
  lang=en-us>.  But in any
  case sooner or later the bear will morph into bull and when it does any system
  that hasn<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>&#8217;<SPAN
  lang=en-us>t been<SPAN
  lang=en-us> sufficiently
  tested over some previously bullish time period is almost guaranteed to blow
  up.<SPAN
lang=en-us>