  >From:
  Tomasz Janeczko

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 8:45
  AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Need Help

  Hello,

  It is NOT like Metastock.
  In fact lots of AFL functions accept variable
  periods:
  MA,
  AMA,
  AMA2,
  WMA,
  TEMA,
  DEMA,
  Sum,
  Ref,
  HHV,
  HHVBars,
  LLV,
  LLVBars

  These are basic building blocks that allow to code other
  indicators that use variable period.
  For example dynamic MACD could be coded as
  follows:

  slowperiod = ..your dynamic period

  fastperiod = ..your dynamic period

  ff = 2/(fastperiod+1);

  sf = 2/(slowperiod+1);

  DynMACD = AMA( Close, ff ) - AMA( Close, sf );

  Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
  <BLOCKQUOTE