[amibroker] Re: BuyPrice

Thank you for explanations. I consider this as intraday, not EOD
trading and this was my subject. It is a matter of definition. If you
should take ANY action after the Open and before the Close, it is
intraday [for me].
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Avcinci" <avcinci@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris:
>
> Yuki's system is based on stops, which are instantaneous signals,
not signals that can/should be acted upon the next day at the open.
Therefore, delays must be set to 0, not 1 as you are assuming. For
backtesting purposes, I see nothing wrong with using a delay of 0 to
simulate a stop-based system.

> AV

H=11.65, consequently High>=StopLevel and this is a Buy signal.
>   Since we use EOD, we know the Buy signal AFTER the end of the
session.
>   We give to our broker the order Buy at 11.58 for tomorrow, the
Sept30.
>   But, it is impossible, since the highest Sept30 is 11.08.So, the
order will not be executed.
>   On the other side, in the AA we see a buy arrow on Sept29 and [in
actual trades mode] a buy arrow on Sept30.
>   The same for Aug6, 2002, point Y
>   STOPLEVEL=12.06, H=12.62
>   It is a Buy, with BuyPrice 12.06.
>   But, the next bar range was [12.52,13.45]. What is the actual
price we buy on Aug7 ?
>   In general, a buyprice given in advance may not happen at all the
next trading day, no matter if it appears in AA results.
>   Here is the conflict, AA says we have an impossible trade for
tomorrow.
>   Do I still miss something ?
>   Dimitris Tsokakis
>
>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor