[amibroker] Re: AB and Neural Networks [was: The Transcendental use of Data in Optimizations]

At 17.33 13/02/03 +0000, you wrote:

>   A couple of comments on NN(Neural Networks): They try to train
>themselves to find predictablilty in the data, the only problem
>is that the price action is not a predictable function, this is
>why they fail.

The fault is of the neural network developer. I've always seen NNs which
try to predict price and this is exactly what I *don't* try to do ;-)
Exactly like you, I don't think that price is a predictable function and I
don't develop systems which try to predict price.
Choosing the correct set of input and, may be more important, the desired
output, is the key (IMHO).

hola
Buttha