RE: [amibroker] Times settings for RT in EOD version and my continued importing prob

I have finally been able to successfully import historical intraday data into my database. Here is what I had to do.

1. Reconfigure the base data to date and time as it would be in US EST at the times my market is open. Ie the date/time of trades retraced backwards by 16 hours. So instead of today's market hours being 10am - 4pm they are 6pm to midnight yesterday.

2. Remove any time shifts within my AB intraday database configure and settings to be zero. This gives the same times on the charts as 1. above

3. I can now import the data successfully.

4. Reset the time shift back to +16 hours to bring the charts back to the actual times of the markets on the charts, ie 10am to 4pm.

This tiresome frustration is done, now for the donkey work of reworking all the data from tick data into 1 minute time spans using the spreadsheet I produced.

The only thing I can figure on this is that I have QT set to display the real market times but it saves the date/time as the US EST times. So when I try to import data with my real times it conflicts with the times already in AB from QT and shows as error.
I will send you Tomasz the data file I am importing and the QT saved daily file if I can find it again. It will work fine as I would guess there is something I am not aware of in the settings I have used either in QT or in AB or both that is causing this conflict.

Cheers,
Graham