[amibroker] Re: trend identifier, need help

Hi, Jayson,
 This is Thomas.  I knew it would come to this, when I said visually it is easy, I neglected to say that to precisely identify them is difficult, that is why I want to use AFL. Just like Fib level, you can look at the chart and declare that the levels are somewhere around some price area but you are never sure, and calculate them is tedious without program help.  Anyway, here is a hand drawn chart.   1) verical lines are some of the thresholds (apparently NOT all) identified during the process.     RED: highest LOWs     BLACK: lowest HIGHs  2) Horizontal lines are estimated trend change levels      I visually set them there, using the 10% number, just a rough estimate     RED: cross up to confirm an UP trend        YELLOW: cross down to confirm a DOWN trend  3) You use lowest HIGHs identified by BLACK lines to find the next UP trend level (RED)     You use highest LOWs identified by RED lines to find the next DOWN trend level (YELLOW)       4) As you can see, E, F, I are UP trend levels not triggered.   I hope this chart helps clear my text explanations. Thanks   Thomas

 Do you Yahoo!?